Re: Another mod_proxy Question/Issue

>Are you accessing this URL from a web browser or a dedicated program?
>The implication is that your client might be requesting (or the web application redirecting to) https://share.example.com/share/ which you are rewriting to already include the >/share/, therefore, the doubled share.

Accessing directly from browser. So i tried this:

RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://192.168.123.3:8443/$1 [P]

And this takes me right to the tomcat home page, /

Tried this:

RewriteRule ^/share/(.*) https://192.168.123.3:8443/share/$1 [P]
And this gives me a 403 access denied.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Chris Arnold <carnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What about when you go to https://share.example.com/share/?

If i remember right, this gave the same error.

As i try different things and think about this, i am going to need multiple clients to access this web app securely like so https://share.anydomain.tld and will need apache to send those requests to tomcat. Yehuda, if i remember right, you set this up for me with the mail server. So, i copied that entry and changed to fit the share url:

#This rewrites https://share.anydomain.tld to our mail server
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^share\.
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://192.168.123.3:8443/share/$1 [P]

But this gives the exact error as before 404 from tomcat:
HTTP Status 404 - /share/share/page/
I think i am starting to see what Tom was talking about with tomcat adding the extra /share!