RE: Permission Still Denied with Moodle

Hi again.

Stormy, I don't know if it's set to use DHCP.  I believe so, but I will check when I can this evening.  How would that affect my situation?  Tomcat is running fine behind the router on a different box...  And the 'strange behavior' was because I had set the wrong ip during moodle installation.  I fixed that, but still, localhost and the ip are denied with the details listed below.

Eric, I don't know what ITK MPM is.  I don't use it intentionally at least.  It says "(Multi-Processing Module) for the Apache web server. mpm-itk allows you to run each of your vhost under a separate uid and gid".  When I installed php, I also added these modules, when really I only needed mysql, as far as I know for moodle.  After seeing all those magickwand statements in the strace, I'm thinking I should uninstall that if it's not needed.  Here was the list:

yum install php-mysqlnd php-gd php-imap php-ldap php-odbc php-pear php-xml php-xmlrpc php-magickwand php-mbstring php-mcrypt php-mssql php-shout php-snmp php-soap php-tidy

In your second email, I assume you’re talking about the /etc/httpd/logs/error_log message "access to /moodle/ denied (filesystem path '/var/www/html/moodle') because search permissions are missing on a component of the path" message?  That was in the Apache error log.  Here is exactly what I did:

# service httpd stop
# strace -f -o /tmp/strace.out apachectl -X
Go to localhost/moodle.
See the “Incorrect access detected, this server may be accessed only through "http://*.*.*.50:80/moodle" address, sorry.  Please notify server administrator.  This page should automatically redirect. If nothing is happening please use the continue link below.”
Get redirected to that address.  See the Chrome “Oops “message.
Here is the httpd is the end of the /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
http://pastebin.com/0HuwTVRE

Here is the /tmp/strace.out file with all the mentions of "moodle" pasted (there was no "EACCES" string this time).
http://pastebin.com/3F9nhyTG