RE: Apache Virtual Host Config issue

Hi Yehuda,

Thank you for a detailed reply. I have gone through the things you asked me to check. There was an entry in netstat -an like this:

TCP    [::]:8080              [::]:0                 LISTENING

Which suggests that Apache is running. So now what I did was, I tried to add a Listen directive to the IPAddress the subdomain was resolving to.

Listen 123.45.6.789:8080

I also added a virual host entry explicitly for this IP

<VirtualHost 123.45.6.789:8080>
ServerName subdomain.example.com
</VirtualHost>

When I restarted Apache it failed with the following error:

"Context of the address was (OS 10049) request is invalid. : AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 123.45.6.789:8080"

My subdomain however, when pinged, points to this IP address. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong here. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Ammar