Re: How limit directives at htaccess file

On 06 Aug 2013, at 12:54 , Pol Hallen <apacheml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm study apache and I don't understand some things about htaccess.
>
> Reading, the advice is: never permit htaccess to users.

That's terrible advice, or very outdated advice.

.htaccess is required, for example, for a working wordpress install. There is no reason, either, to not allow a user to change the Indexes setting. Disallowing them access to Limit means they can't password protect portions of their site.

> So, can I enable htaccess but only for personalize something like this?

You can restrict what is allowed in htaccess, yes.

> and obviously deny all other directives?

No obviously about it.

I do not know that AllowOverride will give the level of control you seem to think you need over your users, but it does provide some.

--
Hudd: 'I've just done this radio show where I never met any of the other
actors and I didn't understand what any of it was about' Moore: 'Ah, yes