RE: Can't get redirect or redirectmatch working in Windows Apache 2.2 but ok on Linux

We were able to get this working just by changing the first line to Redirect / https://xxxx.yyyy.ca/ .  It appears that this line was always firing but because IE checks before substituting the URL in the gui it always appeared as if it wasn't working.  We had to use chrome to see that it was appending the information to the address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Irving [mailto:sirving@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: July-11-13 10:42 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Can't get redirect or redirectmatch working in Windows Apache 2.2 but ok on Linux

I am stuck on what is a very simple configuration that we have been using on Linux but it doesn't appear to trigger on windows.  Below is what we have in our conf file:

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
   ServerName xxxx.yyyy.ca
   Redirect / https://xxxx.yyyy.ca
   RedirectMatch (.*) https://xxxx.yyyy.ca$1 </VirtualHost>

Note: I have tried various forms but my concern right now is not getting the url correct but just getting something in the browser:
RedirectMatch ^/(.*) https://xxxx.yyyy.ca$1 RedirectMatch ^/(.*)$ https://xxxx.yyyy.ca$1 RedirectMatch ^/(.*)$ https://xxxx.yyyy.ca RedirectMatch ^/(.*)$ adsjfaksjfa

I know it is hitting this section as the first Redirect works fine (and is the only one in the entire configuration) but the RedirectMatch never appears to trigger.  I don't want to use alias or rewrites as I want the user to see the change in their browser.   The purpose is to transition this server from 80 to 443 but we need to stage customers and not have them all of a sudden find they can't access.

What is unusual is even if I do Redirect /testme https://xxxx.yyyy.ca this also doesn't trigger which is very strange.  It almost appears that Apache recognizes there is path information but not processing it correctly.

This is the exact same syntax we use with httpd on Linux and it works fine. We don't have any htaccess files anywhere so the only thing I can think of is that there either is a bug in Windows or some very simple stupid flag or parameter I missed that windows needs.

If anyone out there can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Univeris is a proud sponsor and participant of the 2013 IFIC Annual Golf Classic on July 10th at Angus Glen Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you there and sharing a round of golf with friends, colleagues and clients!

---
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Le pr?sent courrier ?lectronique (ainsi que les pi?ces qui y sont annex?es, le cas ?ch?ant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqu? et peut contenir des renseignements privil?gi?s, confidentiels et/ou dispens?s de divulgation.  Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.  Si ce message vous a ?t? transmis par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'exp?diteur et le supprimer sans d?lai.