HTTP Rewrite to HTTPS proxy works but direct HTTPS doesn't proxy

Hi there,

After looking this over I've located the issue but haven't determined how to best implement the resolution.

The problem is that when folks access HTTP (via httpd-vhosts.conf) the configuration Rewrites the URL as
https://www.yippyskippy.com/ClusterTester$1

When end-users bypass the HTTP configuration and go directly to HTTPS the httpd-ssl.conf file has been configured to expect that the Rewrite has already occurred and that the /ClusterTester$1 suffix already exists.

Because the original httpd-vhosts.conf Rewrite command is bypassed, the httpd-ssl.conf configuration tries to proxypass the incorrect URL string to the back-end Glassfish server resulting in the original error.

Now I'm trying to determine how/where to best place the Rewrite command (I'm assuming within the httpd-ssl.conf virtual hosts section) while still maintaining the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS.

As before, any input that would get me on the write path to resolution is highly appreciated.

~Pete