Re: header unset server does not work

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM, fredk2 <fredk2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

After setting "ServerTokens Prod", I would like to modify or remove the
server header that says "Apache" from the response.
Reading some googles it says that is not possible with "Header unset server"
as you'd expect from reading
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_headers.html

Besides modifying the source, is there some new trick that is supposed to
work? I can't seem to read it in the (mod_header) documentation for 2.4.

IBM's version of Apache has a directive AddServerHeader off
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/httpserv/manual70/mod/core.html#addserverheader
I am really really curious, why didn't the brilliant IBM Engineers not
include that change in the main Apache dev trunk?

A number of the Apache HTTP Server developers do not want users to be able to suppress the Server header without modifying the source code or adding third-party modules.  The issue comes up from time to time and is subject to change.

In advance many thanks for your replies and help,
Fred