Re: Listen on one port, but act as if on another

It is possible that you are looking for:-

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#usecanonicalphysicalport

On 3 June 2013 09:33, plot.lost <plot.lost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a way to configure apache to listen on one port (for example, 450) but to act as if it is listening on a different port (for example, 443)

The reason for asking is for a system which has multiple public IP's that are handled by a router which is natting these to internal systems, and there are less internal systems that there are public IPs.

So you end up with a public/internal IP mix of something like

1.2.3.4:443 -> 10.0.0.1:443
1.2.3.5:443 -> 10.0.0.1:444
1.2.3.6:443 -> 10.0.0.1:445
etc

The domains are all different, so wildcard SSL can not be used, and SNI is not permitted in the solution either - hence for Apache to know which certificate to use it has a seperate virtual host for each port. The nat/router ensures that the requests is directed to the correct internal port. The requests from the browsers will all be to port 443 on their IP, and can not be to a different port.

I need some way to ensure that any URLs generated by the internal apache process all act as if they are on the standard port (443) even if they are not physically listening to that port. The internal IP space that is available is limited as well (due to subnetting that has been done) so I don't have enough internal IP's left to add as additional interfaces on the systems, I have to stick with their existing internal IP's.

Thanks for any hints on this.