Internal Server Error when opening proxy.cgi

Hi,

I have installed Apache and trying an OpenLayers application. I encountered an issued while trying to open proxy.cgi script via localhost:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, admin@xxxxxxxxxxx and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have installed Python and the first line of the proxy.cgi is

#!C:/Python33/python.exe -u

I get the same error when trying to open a python file via localhost.
I have followed the instructions here when configuring the httpd.conf file and proxy.cgi file
Thanks,
Nipuni

--
Nipuni Piyabasi Perera