Re: Authenticating with subfolders

Hi Bruno,

As long as there's only one Authorization header, the client doesn't
need to specify a realm, as the server knows what realm the access
resource belongs to. But you're right in your analysis: the fact that
the realm isn't specified in the client request makes it highly probable
that you cannot specify several Authorization headers, as if that was
possible, the server would have to guess the right login/password pair
by trying all the Authorization headers until one of them works...
Pretty flawed solution IMHO. ;-)

Right Bruno, when I was at lunch I was thinking the same thing, in case the server will receive more Authorization headers, well... it will have an embarrassing of riches :))

Regards,

Bruno

--
- Service Hydrographique et Oceanographique de la Marine  -  DMGS/INF
-  13, rue du Chatellier -  CS 92803  - 29228 Brest Cedex 2, FRANCE