Determining whether 'NameVirtualHost' has been previously called

Hi all,

  I'm setting a new web server that will handle multiple 'satellite' web
sites for my place of employment.  These sites currently exist on an
Apache 1.3 server and the previous admin configured them all in the main
httpd.conf file.  I want to make this easier to maintain, so I am setting
up a config file for each virtual host in /etc/httpd/conf.d (ie
satsite1.conf, satsite2.conf, etc.)  I'm trying to find a way to determine
if "NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80" has already been called in a previously
loaded conf file.  Looking through the docs, I wasn't able to find what I
was looking for in the virtual hosts section, and was hoping someone here
had a suggestion.  I could just define all the IP's that handle the vhosts
in the main config file, but, if for whatever reason, one of those IP
addresses doesn't currently have a vhost assigned to it, I get the warning
" NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80 has no VirtualHosts".  Not an error, I know,
but my OCD doesn't like it.  :)  I thank you in advance for any advice you
may have.