Preventing address substitution

Hello,

I have two servers, a development server call serverd.mycompany.com and a production server called serverp.mycompany.com. In the company's DNS, the Network Administrator has created an alias called intranet.mycompany.com, which currently resolves to serverd.mycompany.com.

When I point my browser to http://intranet.mycompany.com, the Apache server on serverd displays the index page, and does not change the address in the server's address field from http://intranet.mycompany.com to http://serverd.mycompany.com. On the other hand, if I point my browser to intranet.mycompany.com/wp, wp being a sub-directory containing Wordpress, the address in my browser gets replaced by serverd.mycompany.com/wp.

I can't figure out which program is responsible for the address substitution: Apache or Wordpress?

If it is Apache, how can I prevent it from making the substitution?

I have tried setting the ServerName variable in httpd.conf to intranet.mycompany.com, but to no avail.

Many thanks.

Philippe