using multiple LimitExcept directives

Folks,

I'm attempting to using multiple LimitExcept directives in one
Location.  Basically I want to give a the "Actor" ldap group  GET &
PUTT access, the "WeatherMan" ldap group only GET access, and the
"Actor" ldap group PUT access.  I'm open to using either apache 2.2 or
2.4, as I see that apache 2.4 supports nesting of the Limit and
LimitExcept directives.  This is what I've tried so far:

<Location "/boballcharlieputs">
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Secure Area"
  AuthBasicProvider ldap
   AuthLDAPURL              "ldap://localhost:10389/ou=users,o=company?uid";
  AuthLDAPBindDN uid=binder,ou=users,o=bashoproserv
  AuthLDAPBindPassword password
<LimitExcept GET PUT>
    Require ldap-group cn=Actor, ou=groups, o=company
</LimitExcept>
 <LimitExcept GET>
        Require ldap-group cn=WeatherMan, ou=groups, o=company
 </LimitExcept>
 <LimitExcept PUT>
        Require ldap-group cn=Actor, ou=groups, o=company
 </LimitExcept>
</Location>

In this case Apache only processes the last LimitExcept, so only
operation that is successful is the PUT by a user in the Actor ldap
group.

I've also attempted to nest these statements (new feature in 2.4) and
apache complains:

"<LimitExcept> directive specifies methods already excluded"

Here is that example:

<LimitExcept GET PUT>
    Require ldap-group cn=Artist, ou=groups, o=bashoproserv
    <LimitExcept PUT>
        Require ldap-group cn=Actor, ou=groups, o=bashoproserv
    </LimitExcept>
</LimitExcept>

I feel like I'm very close to getting this working, but I'm not quite
grasping how to stack the LimitExcepts properly.

Thanks for your help,

James