Re: Unable to open logs - but NOT a permission problem

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:48:10 -0500
Ben Johnson <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do find it curious that your logs are so well-populated (error and
> suexec.log, in particular), but that's probably unrelated to the
> "unable to open logs" error.

It would be nice to just see errors in the suexec log.

> Does the syslog reveal anything useful?

Which one?

> Finally, your remarks seem to imply that Apache restarts all on its
> own from time to time.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that .  Sometimes, especially now while I
am fine tuning 2.4 and suexec, I need to restart it.  If I kill -1 it
works fine unless I made a config error and then I have to start it
again after fixing the error.  That's when the problem happens.  There
are no mysterious gremlins randomly stopping Apache.  It's always me,
an overfed long haired leaping gnome, that stops it.

> > Apache starts at boot and sometimes restarts while the server is
> > running.

By which I mean that it always starts at boot time and if I have to
restart it (i.e Apache) while the server (i.e. the computer, not
Apache) is running, sometimes it restarts and sometimes it doesn't.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net