Re: Mark cookies as secure?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah cgi, thats what i thought. In case of cgi apache doesn't have control
> over the headers, you need to make the changes from inside cgi scripts them
> self.

These can still be edited, but I think mod_cgi puts the headers in the
"error headers" bucket -- as in Header always edit ...

Eric, your response made me go and re-read mod_headers doco (carefully), which I haven't done for some time, and there it was of course, very clear:

The default value of onsuccess may need to be changed to always under the circumstances similar to those listed below. Note also that repeating this directive with both conditions makes sense in some scenarios because always is not a superset of onsuccess with respect to existing headers:

  • You're adding a header to a non-success (non-2xx) response, such as a redirect, in which case only the table corresponding to always is used in the ultimate response.
  • You're modifying or removing a header generated by a CGI script, in which case the CGI scripts are in the table corresponding to always and not in the default table.
  • You're modifying or removing a header generated by some piece of the server but that header is not being found by the default onsuccess condition.
Hope this time it will sink deeper in my memory and stay there for longer than 5 minutes :)