Disable custom modules for a specific directory in my web server

Hi all,

I have an apache server running on an embedded device that serves webpages to clients using a bunch of custom modules.

I'm now trying to load some webpages from the device using http://127.0.0.1/foo/blah.html ;

These pages don't need any of the custom modules since they don't use any of their processing.

The problem is apache still runs through all the modules when loading the page and this causes the page to load very slowly even though it's coming from the local filesystem. I've tried using file: to retrieve the pages but then some pages don't display correctly because we are using jquery.

All the pages that don't need the modules are in a specific directory "foo" under the 'DocumentRoot'

I've tried re-compiling the modules to checks if the request is coming from 'foo' and disable the processing but it's still isn't good enough because it still runs through the modules.

I've tried
<Location /foo>
SetHandler None
</Location>

and that didn't work.

Can I make these files have a different extension like .fhtml and use that?

Is there a way for me to add another module that makes a check and then stops all the rest from running?

Can this be done with AddHandler/RemoveHandler, mod_rewrite?

I believe this can be done, but I'm missing something.

We're running Apache/2.2.22 (Unix)

I've googled and searched the archives but can't find an answer to this question.

Thanks for your time!
Chris