Re: Re: "Official" apache win32 binaries for 2.2.23

Op 2 feb. 2013 12:57 schreef "Nick Kew" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> het volgende:

> When you install a binary through apt, pkg, yum, or any of those systems,
> what you are installing is a third-party build from some distributor who is
> expert in the particular system you're installing on.  Grabbing a windows
> binary from ApacheLounge would seem to be much the same thing.

Agreed. So maybe it would help if these would be linked from the httpd website. The Linux distros come with their own manual which explains all about installing and using apache, typically. Windows users miss out of that, and I think it might be in apaches interest to also provide their popular web server software easily for a popular server platform.

--
Mike