Re: Apache HTTP Server 2.4.x for Windows?

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Esmond Pitt <esmond.pitt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I haven't been told that at all actually. I have been trying to extract
> precisely that information, from a lot of people who seem churlish in the
> extreme at actually answering questions. This latest insult is entirely
> typical. It's a simple question and it has a simple answer. Thank you for
> the information.
>
> Esmond Pitt

Hi Esmond.

Whilst I agree with you that the tone of some responses has been a bit
caustic, you were told this key information, by Ben, myself, Yehuda
and Eric almost a month ago.

Ben informed you that ASF does not provide Windows binaries, I
informed you that this is not specific to Windows, ASF does not
provide any binaries, Yehuda informed you that binaries were only
provided informally in the past, by volunteers with commit access, and
where you can find comparable informal binaries now, and Eric
confirmed that this was not a policy change.

This is a self-support forum, I'm a user of httpd and I like to help
others with their issues with httpd. People asking with attitude or
entitlement, or who ignore reasoned responses, are likely to be
ignored by me in future.

Personally, I feel insulted that you have characterised mine and
others reasonable and polite responses earlier on to be churlish or
insulting, or of not answering your questions. Only one person seems
to have had a pop at you - after you ignored all advice given earlier
and insinuate that we are churlish, rude people who are deliberately
not answering your questions, when really you are just pissed off you
couldn't find a windows binary.

See how that attitude plays out.

Tom