Re: Re: Building Apache for Windows

I admit there are lots of information of Apache on Windows if you Google it, but none are from Apache itself. The latest official Apache build for Windows is for 2.2.22 and only 32-bit. The project files are for Visual Studio 6 and so old I cannot even convert it to Visual Studio 12.

One of the place I found for Windows build is in Apache lounge, but it does not include source code and the project configuration with the binary they published. I appreciate what they have done but I would feel more comfortable if I know the source it is built from. Security issue prevents a lot of companies from using open soured binary without knowing the corresponding source code. But I guess this is how Apache Lounge can keep itself relevant.

It seems ASF has totally stopped support of Apache HTTP server on Windows platform in 2.4 either 32-bit or 64-bit, at least officially, and whatever has been done by third parties on Windows does not get contributed back to ASF, either.

It is true things are much easier on *nix, but *nix and Windows do not have be mutually exclusive. In the real world both camps have their followers, depends on which area you look. They can and have to co-exist.