Re: Apache 2.4 stability & ErrorLogFormat

Il 29/11/2012 21:36, Mark Montague ha scritto:
On November 29, 2012 14:46 , Alvise Nicoletti <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to use the ErrorLogFormat function (a > apache2.4 function), because I have a lot of php websites in a same Virtual Host / directory and I would like to have better error reporting.
[...]

So I ask, is 2.4 stable ?

Do you have any tips to workaround the problem maybe with an apache mod ?

What does "stable" mean to you? For what it is worth, 2.4 is a production release of Apache HTTP Server: it is not a development version, it is not an alpha version, and it is not a beta version. People are using Apache HTTP Server 2.4 successfully in production. I have not heard any complaints about it failing to serve its intended purpose.

As for workarounds, you could try to backport the feature from 2.4 to 2.2, but I recommend against this, in general: if you have to compile Apache HTTP Server from source, just compile an unmodified version of 2.4 -- even counting the cost of learning about the new features and making some changes to your existing configuration, I think this will be much easier than backporting a feature to 2.2 and then supporting it yourself in-house long term.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

so you confirm it's actually impossible to have website URL reference in actual php error logs with apache 2.2 ... ?

Of course I'm talking of a php application that is installed in a directory where is configured a virtual server with more than 1 website against it. Actually I have some php errors with /the/path/to/the/phpfile but I don't know wich website caused them.