Re: Using mod_ext_filter mode=input

Does anyone still maintain this?  Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jon

From: Jon Belanger <jon.belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:23 PM
To: "users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using mod_ext_filter mode=input

I'm trying to intercept file upload requests using the mod_ext_filter module in input mode.

I've tried a few test commands to write the STDIN to a file, for example:

/usr/bin/tee /tmp/ext_filter_debug

And also tried a test script that does basically the same thing:

#!/bin/sh
cat -  > /tmp/ext_filter_debug

If I send a large file I can see the request append /tmp/ext_filter_debug file, but as soon as the request completes, the file goes down to 0 bytes in both instances.  I don't understand how this is even possible given that the module should have no idea what file I'm writing to.

Interestingly if I try this:

 #!/bin/sh
cat -  > /tmp/ext_filter_debug
cat /tmp/ext_filter_debug

The /tmp/ext_filter_debug file hangs out a while longer, duration depending on size, but then eventually goes to zero.

Eventually, I want to parse the request and encrypt the uploading file using openssl smime, but I don't understand how to work with the incoming request.  The only error I see logged is:

(9) Bad file descriptor: apr_file_close(child input)

To /var/log/apach2/error.log.  I tried LogLevel=debug and DebugLevel=9. LogStderr helps to see if I have a problem in the cmd script itself, but otherwise isn't much help.

Can any provide any examples for this use case?

Thank you,
Jon Belanger