Difference of file in installation directory and /etc directory

Hi Friends,

I am new to Apache and httpd. I installed Apache httpd 2.4 version on linux machine.

I did installation in /root directory. Later I found that an httpd directory is created automatically in /etc directory and  /usr/includes directory also.

But there is difference in the files in installation directory and in the /etc & /usr directories.

The number of .so files in /root/httpd/modules is different from the number of files in /etc/httpd/modules.

In case of includes in addition to difference in number of files there is difference in contents of .h files, e.g. I found the declaration of “ap_args_to_table” in /root/httpd/includes/util_script.h but it is missing in /usr/includes/util_script.h

Please help me know why it is so and how I can remove the difference in these directories especially the difference in .h files.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhjot