How to strip out the query parameter for specific URLs using mod_rewrite?

Hi,

I am trying to configure caching for a website using apache proxy.

Some of the URLs are using a random parameter in the URL to avoid caching.

The URL would look like this:
http://foo.com/folder/xmlfiles/static.xml?rand= 0.36176968908944995

The xml files are static files, but the application attaches a random number at the end to disable caching. I need to remove the rand parameter to enable caching, without modifying the original application.

There would be other URLs which would have valid query strings, so I need to limit the rewrite operation to the specific xmlfiles folder urls.

Some of the examples on internet seems to be removing the query string from all requests.

Regards,
Sudip Kumar Bhattacharya
This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.