mod_rewrite question

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.  We own the domain
'fairviewbands.org' which at the moment is a redirect to our school's
page at 'fairviewhs.org/sites/band'.  If you visit that page, there
are several menu items on the left.  All of them (except the Overview
and Calendar ones) are pointing to /pages/<page-name>

Here's what I'd like to do:

http://www.fairviewbands.org/   should display
http://www.fairviewhs.org/sites/band
http://www.fairviewbands.org/marching   should display
https://www.fairviewhs.org/sites/band/pages/marching
(there are no pages with an actual extension)

Basically, any of those menu items can be called directly if you typed
in the actual URL: www.fairviewhs.org/sites/band/pages/<page-name>
So we'd like to, in addition to that, have it so that one can tack the
<page-name> to the other URL as well, but without needing the 'pages'
part, so: www.fairviewbands.org/<page-name>

Is this possible?  And is it possible to somehow make the Calendar
link also function the same way, even though it does not point to a
/pages/calendar, but simply /calendar

And lastly, can this be done while keeping the displayed URL (in the
browser window) as 'fairviewbands.org' as opposed to what we're doing
now, which is a plain redirect to the actual URL?

Thanks!

KirAsh