Re: How does mod_proxy_balancer know a session is still alive ?

Thanks Eric, I got it.

2012/9/24 Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Lenin <lenin.lee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up a load balancing environment with mod_proxy_balancer, and use
> 'stickysession' to achieve session stickyness.
>
> I know this module uses a cookie to keep sessions. The question is, how does
> it know if a session is still alive ? For example, if there are two servers
> behind the balancer, 100 sessions for each of them. If the 100 sessions of
> the first server have already been closed, will apache still assume the
> first server is busy and throw new sessions to the other one ?

mod_proxy_balancer doesn't keep track of how many sessions (in session
cookie terms) are established.

"""
At present, there are 3 load balancer scheduler algorithms available
for use: Request Counting, Weighted Traffic Counting and Pending
Request Counting. These are controlled via the lbmethod value of the
Balancer definition. See the ProxyPass directive for more information.
"""