How to strip existing expires/max-age headers and add new

Hi,

I am new to this group, and also new to Apache HTTPD. Need your expert inputs on the below problem that I am facing.

We have HTTPD acting as a proxy server, which passes on the requests to a backend WebLogic application server and gets responses from that server.

I want to overwrite the caching duration from Apache for images.

The default caching header from WebLogic is coming like this for images:
Cache-Control: max-age=3600

When I add the below line in my VirtualHost section:
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"

The resulting header becomes:
Cache-Control: max-age=3600, max-age=2592000
Expires: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:32:46 GMT

How can I remove the 3600 entry that was already in the old header, and overwrite it with the +1month value?

I don't have control over the WebLogic application, otherwise I would have done it from the source. I need solutions from the HTTPD settings.

Regards,
Sudip
This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.