Re: WAMP SSO

On September 10, 2012 10:03 , Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to implement SSO (Single Sign On) for a tool to be launched for
people of our organization only.
For true SSO solutions, look at
Any strong reason to prefer those to worldwide initiatives
such as OpenID/OpenAuth?

Mostly because I didn't think of them :)   But, now that you've asked:

My understanding is that most of the following features offered by cosign/PubCookie/CAS are not offered by OpenID/OpenAuth:
    * Centralized Single Log Out.
* Per-site forced reauthentication (e.g., when user's IP address changes, or when they access a particularly sensitive resource) * Per-site multi-factor authentication (including hardware tokens, X.509 client certificates, etc.) * Idle time outs (require reauthentication after, say, 2 hours of no pages being requested). * Hard time outs (require reauthentication, say, every 24 hours or every week, regardless of activity) * Credential proxying to back-end services (other web servers, IMAP, LDAP, databases, etc.)

Regardless of the above, OpenID/OpenAuth may be a fine choice for the original poster, depending on his requirements, particularly if he sets up his own OpenID provider rather than using an external provider such as Google or Yahoo.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx