Re: Large static files - no mod_xsendfile available

Am 23.08.2012 21:26, schrieb Ben Johnson:
Jan,

Sending this off-list, because it's probably not the appropriate venue
for the comment, but have you looked into the nginx Web-server at all?

It's relatively immature, but from what I've read, its performance is by
far superior to Apache's, due to a radically different architecture.

It wasn't always possible to run Python scripts atop nginx, but it seems
that these days, people are doing it with a good degree of success.
There's a HOW TO here:

http://wiki.nginx.org/PythonFlup

Anyway, good luck!

-Ben

Hi Ben

yes, I read about it. The problem is that I can't use it either easily: My app runs in house in a large company and I need to stick with what our IT-security permits. The server is also provided by the central IT-department, I can only choose RedHat standard packages and let them deploy my app. I would need to let nginx get approved (which can take ages ...).

Your recommendations help me a lot. I wanted to be sure, that I don't miss any easy trick. I'll start with what you suggested and then go step by step.

Thanks a lot,

Jan