Re: An interesting observation

On 8/22/2012 1:09 AM, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have been doing some testing with uploading large files to a
> httpd-based WebDAV server, and I notice that while uploading large
> files, if the connection breaks midway and the file is not transmitted
> completely, the (incomplete) file is deleted from the server
> automatically after a few seconds.
>

> So,
>

> a)
> I hope this is a feature, and not an accident? :P

I have observed what I believe to be the same behavior, and it seems to
be a feature and not a bug.

While there may be other configuration directives that affect this
behavior, setting the "LimitRequestBody" to zero (0) seems to remove the
limit entirely.

Needless to say, if this value is set to zero, the risk of being
inundated or attacked via massive file uploads is introduced.

> b)
> Secondly, if it is in fact a feature, can we have a way so that any new
> incoming/outcoming connection links are refused, till the time the
> cleaning up of (the) incomplete file(s) is done?
> We don't want the user to have an inconsistent view of the server.

Hmmm, that I don't know. But I'm sure someone on this list can produce a
valid reason *not* to do that.