Re: RewriteCond backreference in virtualhost context

It is oposite as far as i know. You use the variables of a patern match from RewrieCond in RewriteRule. Hence the order of the statements, RewriteRule always comes after ReweiteCond and never the other way around. But if you say so ...

On Aug 17, 2012 8:41 PM, "Lazy" <lazy404@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2012/8/17 Igor Cicimov <icicimov@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Im really surprised your RewriteCond worked at all in any Apache version as
> it doesn't make sense to me. The $1 at the end has a meaning of variable
> which in your case has a value of ... what? Maybe if you tell us whar r you
> trying to do someone can help you.
>
> On Aug 17, 2012 8:01 PM, "Lazy" <lazy404@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> a simple mod_rewrite rules
>>
>> RewriteEngine On
>>
>> RewriteCond /home/docroot/test/$1 -f
>> RewriteRule ^(.+).test$ /test/$1 [L]
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond
>>
>> in apache 2.2.x this works in vhost and .htaccess context, in apache
>> 2.4.2 in vhost context $1 in RewriteCond is always empty
>>
>> Is this a bug or I'm missing something ?

please read the docs,
"
RewriteRule backreferences: These are backreferences of the form $N (0
<= N <= 9). $1 to $9 provide access to the grouped parts (in
parentheses) of the pattern, from the RewriteRule which is subject to
the current set of RewriteCond conditions. $0 provides access to the
whole string matched by that pattern.
"
this rule redirects xxx.test to /test/xxx if /test/xxx is present

This can be used as an simple static cache.

Regards,

Michal Grzedzicki