Re: Can somebody help me to understand the strange GET requests logged in access.log and error.log ?

On August 13, 2012 12:20 , Pete Houston <ph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 06:07:20PM +0200, Carlo Traversa wrote:
but I still see GET requests in the access.log
So is there something I did wrong or I didn't understand?
The access log will (by default) contain all the requests to the server
which are handled by apache, even if that handling is just to deny them.

The wiki page ( https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ProxyAbuse ) suggests using mod_security to drop requests so that they do not get logged; you may want to look into this.

Alternatively, configure your default virtual host to serve absolutely nothing, ever. This means moving the directives you have for /doc into a different virtual host. You can then set the CustomLog directive for the default virtual host only to

CustomLog /dev/null "-"

This will prevent anything from being logged for the default virtual host. But since the default virtual host will not be serving any content -- it's only purpose is to catch and deny proxy abuse -- this doesn't matter.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx