Re: Allow hostname dyndns

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Alberto Rasillo <bluesnatural@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi I want use allow from option just from one hostname, I´m using Dyndns
> service. When I configure this option and I´m try to connect apache server I
> recive "You don't have permission to access" but if I use IP public
> (Internet) I can use normally.

Can't generally do that with dynamic DNS -- check the manual:

"""
This configuration will cause Apache to perform a double reverse DNS
lookup on the client IP address, regardless of the setting of the
HostnameLookups directive. It will do a reverse DNS lookup on the IP
address to find the associated hostname, and then do a forward lookup
on the hostname to assure that it matches the original IP address.
Only if the forward and reverse DNS are consistent and the hostname
matches will access be allowed.
"""