Re: TimeOuts Received.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM, gaurav shrivastava <g.shrivastava1985@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RHEL 5.5
Apache version 2.2.1
There are no connectivity issues due to firewall.
There is nothing which comes in the error logs.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM, gaurav shrivastava <g.shrivastava1985@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We automated our product

Env -

4 Managed Serves - WLS weblogic (RHL)
1 DB - Oracle (RHL)
1 Proxy server - APACHE

What i can see during the execution of and as the user load increases to 180 +
I can see messages of timeouts at RPT console where response is not received for the request.
Surprisingly i can not see any error logs for time outs any where in app server logs or proxy server logs.

We did a test again with out proxy servers where requests were directly hitting the app server every thing works well than no timeouts are noticted.
So it looks like the issue is with the proxy server do you have any suggestions for any tunable parameters.

Some of the parameters currently used.

<IfModule worker.c>
ThreadLimit         2000
ServerLimit         10
StartServers        6
MaxClients         20000
MinSpareThreads     2000
#MinSpareThreads     100
#MaxSpareThreads     20000
MaxSpareThreads     15000
ThreadsPerChild     2000
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Help will be highly appreciated.

--
Cheers !!

Gaurav ....

What OS is apache running on? What is apache version? What is your proxy configuration? What do you see in the log files, anything related to the timeouts from mod_proxy? Have you first tested the connectivity between apache and Weblogic meaning can you even connect from the apache box to the weblogic port on the other server? Any possible firewall between the servers?

--
Cheers !!

Gaurav ....

Ok what else is between Apache proxy and those 4 x Weblogic servers? Are you using Apache as proxy load balancer or you have dedicated LB after it? How's your load balancing set up?

Please post here your proxy configuration, including virtual host if the proxy is nested inside one, so we can try to find if anything wrong here.

Your max number of concurrent client connections on your proxy is 20000. Do you have thread pool of 20000 configured in Weblogic as well, meaning 5000 threads per server? Also is that thread pool on each of the WLS shared with some other applications or not? My point is maybe the timeouts are really timeouts due to WLS (maybe one of them at time) is going out of resources.

You said you tested the connection bypassing the proxy and it was fine. Was this at the time of the proxy timeouts? If not your test is irrelevant.