Re: Apache Virtual Hosts, and Zimbra

On 07/24/2012 06:13 PM, Norman Peelman wrote:
On 07/24/2012 12:35 PM, Roger Martinez wrote:
Greetings,

I am an IT intern at a small communications company. My assignment is to set up a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server to run both Zimbra email client and Apache Web Server (to be used to run an SVN client as well as TRAC). This is something I've done before with a different server, possibly running different versions of each program. What I did before doesn't seem to work any more. Here's what I did:

1) install both Apache and Zimbra
2) Configure Zimbra to listen to port 81
3) Set up httpd to use Virtual Hosts. This is what my httpd-vhosts.conf file looks like:

NameVirtualHost 10.105.249:80

<VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:80 <http://10.105.249.32:80>>
ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        DocumentRoot "/httpdir"
ServerName svntrac.incnetservices.net <http://svntrac.incnetservices.net> ServerAlias svntrac.incnetservices.net <http://svntrac.incnetservices.net>
        ErrorLog "logs/error_log"
        CustomLog "logs/access-log" common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:80 <http://10.105.249.32:80>>
ServerAlias incemail.incnetservices.net <http://incemail.incnetservices.net>
        ProxyRequests On
        ProxyPass / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
        ProxyPassReverse / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
        ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/zimbra-error.log"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.105.249.32:443 <http://10.105.249.32:443>>
       ServerAlias incemail.*
       SSLProxyEngine On
       SSLEngine On
       SSLCertificateFile /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.crt
       SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.key
       ProxyPass / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81
       ProxyPassReverse / http://incemail.incnetservices.net:81/
       ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/zimbra_ssl-error.log"
</VirtualHost>

When i start httpd with it gives me the error:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 23 of /etc/httpd/httpd-vhosts.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLProxyEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
                                                           [FAILED]

My problem seems to be with whatever module SSLProxyEngine is associated with. How do i fix this? Or better question, am i setting up the https v-host correctly?

I commented the https vhost section out and tried running httpd and it runs. However, the document root i specified isn't used at all, the default Apache page loads. Furthermore, the Zimbra admin and user log-in pages don't load at all. When I do an nslookup of the domains they do return the correct IP address, but it seems the browser won't return the correct information. Again, I'd like to point out that these are the exact specifications I used in the past, but will not work now. If anyone has experience with Zimbra and Apache, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Roger Martinez
Intern

For starters your NameVirtualHost directive is missing an octet of the IP address but even if that would actually 'fix' the problem, please see:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html

and read the entire section. NameVirtualHost (Name based virtual hosts) aren't meant to be used with IP addresses.

Nevermind, looks like I need to take my own advice!

--
Norman Registered Linux user #461062 -Have you been to www.apache.org yet?-