Selective access to uploading-to/downloading-from a WebDAV share

Hi all.

Is it possible to have selective access to uploading-to/downloading-from a WebDAV share, running in context of httpd?
That is, we want to implement a scenario, wherein some users have been granted only uploading access; some users only download access; and some both uploading-and-downloading access.

Possible options that might work to the rescue are ::

a)
Having the WebDAV-share-directory password protected; and having DIFFERENT passwords for upload and download?

b)
Having role-based access, wherein the user-info of the user, is observed to see for upload/download access?

c)
A combination of the above?

I will be grateful to listen back for any ideas.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay