Re: apache adds extra HTML to an error page

On 09/07/2012 18:04, Ruud Dozijn wrote:
This used to work OK, but on the new machine, apache decides to add extra text to the page. The receiving application sees a page that does not conform to the specification and thinks it is not an error page. This results in various problems.
This probably isn't actually Apache, but your browser.  I remember dealing with this sort of thing years ago.  IIRC, browsers tend to use default error text unless the custom error page is of a minimum certain lenght (I think over 1KB).  I dealt with it then by padding some extra bytes to the response.

Hope that helps,
  Issac