Re: accessing named pipe files from apache web server

Good morning everyone,

    This thread was a month ago, but I just thought I should follow up in
case someone else runs into this later and has the same question.

    I was able to work around this with no real problem by just spawning
off a new process and letting the parent die. I for some reason
thought that wouldn't work because stdin and stdout would go somewhere
else, but of course stdin and stdout of a spawned process default to
the same as the parent process.

    I still find it confusing that a named pipe returns a 401 error, and
it would be interesting to know why that's the error returned, but I
was able to work around my particular problem, so I'm happy for now.
:-)

Thanks to everyone who replied,
MM