Re: Read HTTP header and body

On 05-04-2012 12:01, Evgeny Shvidky wrote:

Hello,

I am implementing on "C" a new module in Apache HTTP server.

I succeeded to receive an appropriate HTTP request by my module handler.

How can I read a full HTTP header (not only the first line) and a body (if exists) of received HTTP request?

Thanks,

Evgeny

Assuming you just want to flip through the various headers and read the request body, and not literally save the exact image of a request, you can do so with a few "simple" functions. If you, however, want an exact duplicate of the request, you're better off looking at modules like mod_logio (or dumpio), that use filters to get the exact request and body.

Now, as I was saying, I have some snippets of code for an ongoing project (an introduction to developing modules for Apache 2.4), that you may find useful. The direct link is http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/modguide.html.en#snippets and you should just forget everything else in that document, as it's purely a work in progress (you should probably burn this email after reading as well..!)

With regards,
Daniel.