mod_fcgid 2.3.6 causes Apache 2.4.1 not to start with undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child message

Hello,

I'm building several RPM's for CentOS 6.2 to get an LAMP environment with Apache 2.4.1 to work. With mod_fcgid I've got a strange problem I could'nt find a solution for in the web. When I try to load the module Apache won't start with the following message:

Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 46 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/httpd/mods-enabled/mod_fcgid.load: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_fcgid.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_fcgid.so: undefined symbol: ap_unixd_setup_child

Within a forum thread I read that ap_unixd_setup_children() isn't available anymore in Apache 2.4.1. There they recomended to use the trunk version of mod_fcgid, what I did. With the same result...

When I searched the source code of Apache 2.4.1 for this function I found it declared in mod_unixd.h. So I would say it is still available in Apache 2.4.1, which makes me wonder what the problem might be. Further research in the web and this mailing lists archive didn't help. That why I ask you for assistance.

The build part of my spec for mod_fcgid file looks like this:

%build
./configure.apxs
make %{?_smp_mflags}

It compiles without any error messages.

Does anybody have an idea what's going wrong, or what I might be doing wrong? I'm going on to look for a solution for myself, but I would appreciate any help. This project takes much to much time...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards

Richard Westebbe