httpd crashes with segmentation fault: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

Hi,

I've compiled httpd 2.2.21 and php 5.3.10, the version of libpng I used is 1.5.7, and I installed all the three packages under a custom path under /opt.

The OS is CentOS 6.2, which contains an official distribution of libpng, the version is 1.2.46.

When I start the server and visit programs hosted on it, the error.log keeps being appended with the following messages:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.5.7
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.46
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

I know the reason is that the version running with is not the one compiled with. But setting the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH won't solve the problem.

Can anybody tell me how to fix this ? I know removing the old version of libpng or recompile the server using the old version may be ok, but there are some other potential problems, so I just want to run my application server with the new version of libpng compiled by my self.

Thanks