'redirect' to a single domain name

OK ... I've always set the server up so that both xxx.co.uk and www.xxx.co.uk are processed, but the 'quality police' are now flagging this as wrong, and saying that one or the other should be 'returned' by the site. Since some sites also have xxx.com or other options this does make sense, the question is how?

I'm already using rewrite to keep the wingers happy on 'tidy url's' and that works well, and if I am readying things correctly 'Redirect' should handle the domain? But it does not seem to work. I assume that this needs to be handled inside the <VirtualHost> for it to correctly map what is listed in the ServerAlias to match the ServerName entry?

What IS the politically correct way of handling this?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL