Re: Make error, apache 2.4.1

On 23.02.2012 16:11, Zaxy wrote:
Hi,

first time posting here.

Before I go to my problem, let me just clarify that I did everything
in my power to solve it before writing here.

The problem is as follows:

After a successful ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.4.1
the "make" command exits with an error.

Making all in srclib
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
Makefile:49: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/httpd-2.4.1/srclib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

49th line of srclib/Makefile:

@INCLUDE_RULES@

The system is Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit.

I would really appreciate any ideas. If I need to post more
information, I will do so gladly.

The line you quoted is expected in a Makefile coming from the apr library (or apr-util). Such a Makefile is not expected in srclib, but insteadf in srclib/apr resp. srclib/apr-util.

So if you tell us how you try to build, we might be able to guide you.

- Where is your apr and apr-util? If you added it to srclib, how exactly did you do that?

They are both in srclib located in srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util.

Basically I downloaded them from apr.apache.org, extracted, copied into srclib, then renamed to apr/apr-util to remove the versions.

I double checked that files are actually in the srclib/apr/ directory, not in the srclib/apr/apr-1.6.4 dir or something else.

- is the above configure command complete, ie.e. you didn't give additional flags like telling configure where your apr is?

I tried with --with-included-apr flag but got this make error. Then I thought I'd try without the flag and got the same result.

- if the line is complete, do your have the approprite apr and apr-util versions installed in your system default library location?

To be honest, I have no idea how to install it. So my guess would be that I don't.

- did configure complain about anything (and you tried to call "make" nevertheless) - rephrased: is there a way you can post your configure output?

I didn't notice any errors in configure. The whole configure output can be found here: http://pastebin.com/3t1BrsvH

Thank you for your response!

Regards,

Rainer