Re: Apache 2.2 RedirectMatch url behaviour in a Directory context?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had had a chance to look at this? Or could tell me where to look to find the answer? The manual doesn't seem to have this, noone has answered my query on ServerFault, and my skills at reading the httpd source aren't up to answering it that way...

Thanks,
Ricky

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Morse, Richard E.MGH wrote:

> Hi! I was wondering if RedirectMatch did any stripping of the URL when in a Directory context?
>
> According to the documentation, a Rewrite rule does have the URL stripped so that it starts with the directory, but the documentation doesn't say whether or not this also happens for RedirectMatch.
>
> I ask because I would like to anchor the front of my regex if possible, but I don't know exactly what the prefix above my directory is going to be. Tests seem to indicate that the prefix isn't stripped, but I wanted to check and see if there was something I was missing.
>
> example:
>
> 	RedirectMatch ^/foo/([a-z-]+)$ http://www.example.com/$1
>

> Thanks,
> Ricky