Re: Disabling virtual hosts in Apache

2012/1/31 Antonio Fernández Pérez <antoniofernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi everybody,

I would like to know how can I do to disable a virtual host and print an error page in virtual host not enabled. Having www.mydomain.com and www.mydomain2.com, when I execute a2dissite www.mydomain.com I get www.domain2.com (its contents) and if I execute a2dissite www.mydomain2.com I get www.domain.com (its contents).

Please, can you tell me how can I do this? I would like to get to manage virtual hosts with different domains and to have the possibility to disable some virtual host, but having enabled another virtual hosts.

The a2dissite/a2ensite tools are part of the Debian-customized distribution of Apache. The tool actually removes the vhost configuration from the files included in the server's configuration. Apache does not even know that a disabled site exists.

Here is my suggestion. Create a new vhost config with the filename starting with 000 (or enable the included default vhost).
Set that vhost to show an "Site Disabled" error no matter what the request is.
Now when you disable a site using a2dissite, you will get the error message from the default vhost.

- Y