Re: Name Virtual Host Weirdness

It all looks correct to me. Can you exchange the order of the VirtualHost definitions? The first Virtualhost defined is the one that gets used if anything goes wrong with allocating a request to a particular vhost, so you often end up thinking you are using the first Vhost  when in fact you are using the default vhost.

I tend to define a defunct vhost first - one with nothing in the documentroot, except an error document which is served in response to every URI. This makes errors less puzzling.