From: Igor Galić [mailto:i.galic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 7:29 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  mod_auth_form and digest authentication

----- Original Message -----
> Version of Apache 2.3.15
>
> The documentation for mod_auth_form says that it works with digest or
> basic

Actually, mod_auth_form should work with any kind of authentication system that you come up with, since it essentially gives up control to you and your application

> authentication. I have it working with basic authentication from a
> database, but I can't find anything about how to switch over to
> digest. There are two reasons for wanting to do this, first if your
> users already have passwords encrypted in digest format, second the
> normal digest HTTP_AUTHORIZATION does not include the password in
> clear text and would not need mod_session_crypto if that value were
> used for the session.

Is there a specific reason why you do not want to, or cannot use mod_session_crypto?

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx