Re: Re: Configured New virtualhost asked for authentication entication

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Reetika786 <reetikav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to ask few more things see i dont have domain hosted and i want to
> see my site as mozwp.leosysserver.net and domain leosysserver.net is not
> hosted anywhere its my linux  server name/machine name . How do I configure
> my virtual host  to see my webpages  using this URL
> mozwp.leosysserver.net.Please suggest me. I am new bie just started learning
> apache.

Add those domains to your hosts file pointing to your webservers LAN
IP address (or 127.0.0.1) and you'll be able to use the hostnames in
your browser.

You don't need anything special in your virtualhosts, or virtualhosts
at all, unless you want to serve different content for different IPs
or hostnames.

Whether you use a virtualhost or not, you probably want to set
ServerName to the hostname you'll use.