From: congo thomas [mailto:apache@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 December 2011 9:25 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Q) apache + W2008R2 + NLB

On Tue, December 6, 2011 20:35, Yehuda Katz wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <
> Alex.Samad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> 1) any idea if there is a tomcat (AJP) connector that would work or
>> are all the standard modules compiled
>>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html
just to make clear of the tomcat versions:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/ajp.html

 - I use tomcat6 in various contents both on win32 and win64 and rhel64, thinking of upgrading to tomcat7 or finding another servlet container for the java... if you dont dare to encounter ajp, you can always proxypass or even balance several tomcats with apache (either http or ajp in front of tomcat).

> Binaries for mod_jk are available for several platforms in the same
> area as
>> the Tomcat Binary Release. The binaries are located in subdirectories
>> by platform. For some platforms, such as Windows, this is the typical
>> way of obtaining mod_jk since most Windows systems do not have C
>> compilers. For others, the binary distribution of mod_jk offers
>> simpler installation.
>

>> 2) what worker model is it mpm or single thread ?
>
> There is a special MPM for Windows.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_winnt.html

br
congo