Re: Getting blog.domain.com instead of domain.com/blog

It was thus said that the Great Chris Arnold once stated:
> I am not sure if this is an apache issue or not but i thought i ask and
> see what the experts thought. I have a WP blog at domain.com/blog. I want
> to have people access the blog by blog.domain.com. I have public dns
> entries for blog.domain.com that point back to the public ip but this does
> not return the desired results. I created a virtualhost and give the
> serveralias blog.domain.com and the correct directory and get page not
> found. Nothing shows in the error log. Thanks for any help

  If you can control the actual Apache configuration file, you might try how
I do it:

<VirtualHost 66.252.224.242:80>
  ServerName    www.boston.conman.org
  CustomLog     /home/spc/web/logs/www.boston.conman.org combined-deflate
  Redirect      permanent       /       http://boston.conman.org/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 66.252.224.242:80>
  ServerName    boston.conman.org
  ServerAdmin   sean@xxxxxxxxxx
  DocumentRoot  /home/spc/web/sites/boston.conman.org/htdocs

  # rest of configuration ... not germane to the issue
</VirtualHost>

  I had a few people think my blogs at <http://www.boston.conman.org/> when
no, it's at <http://boston.conman.org/>.  This also tells the various search
engine indexers that the preferred site is boston.conman.org.

  -spc