Re: Re: apache setup questions

Okay, look...

I am not saying that your questions are uninteresting, nor am I disrespecting your skills.  We are all nascent eggs loose in a sea of too much information, all trying to make our way.

My point is that you seem to be having trouble setting up the CGI execution path.

In your submission, you state
I notice that under SL, the fast-cgi module is a good bit older than other modules, and under Lion, there isn't even one provided.

To me, this hints that CGI is no longer strongly supported by the community of developers that supports your platform.  I'm not in that community, so I can't comment as to why that might be, but it seems plain that another approach has taken over as the preferred method.

My naive recommendation is to stop using CGI, and use the PHP module instead... to swim with the current, not against it.

Cheers

 - Wade

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Tim Streater <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23 Nov 2011 at 20:39, Wade Evans <wade.p.evans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If all you want to do is run PHP scripts to service AJAX requests, why not
> load the php module, set the type handler, and move on to a more
> interesting problem?

To me, in my present star of ignorance, these *are* interesting questions. Admittedly I have a more interesting question (to me), which is whether I can make an AJAX request to get a WebSockets server started, and then stop using AJAX but instead communicate between the browser and the server with WebSockets.

--
Cheers  --  Tim